- Apply sunblock (SPF 30-50) to treatment areas that are exposed to the sun AT ALL TIMES. You may improve your results by limiting exposure to the sun, tanning beds, or tanning lotions for 4 weeks prior to laser treatment
- Inform us if you have taken Tetracycline or Zithromax in the past month, or Accutane in the past 6 months. Also inform us if you plan on taking any of these medications. These medications are known to cause photosensitivity (increased sensitivity to light/sunlight).
- FOR 3 DAYS PRIOR TO TREATMENT, discontinue the use of all Retin-A, Renova®, retinol, glycolic acids, topical vitamin C products, benzoyl peroxide, or any other possible skin irritants. These products can be irritating and/or drying, and can cause adverse skin reactions, such as higher risk of burns or redness.
- Remove any make-up, lotions, or serums, and cleanse and dry the area to be treated prior to treatment.
- Do not have any chemical peels, dermabrasion, laser resurfacing, or face lift procedures 30 days prior to treatment.
- Apply sunblock (30-50) on all treated areas that may be exposed to the sun for a MINIMUM of 2 months. Avoid prolonged sun exposure to treated areas and DO NOT TAN FOR 4 WEEKS AFTER TREATMENT.
- Wash treatment area with a gentle, non-exfoliating cleanser using cool/lukewarm water and pat dry.
- Do not use Retin-A, Renova®, retinol, glycolic acids, topical vitamin C products, benzoyl peroxide, or any other skin irritants until all irritation from the laser treatment has resolved (about 7-14 days).
- Minimize the length and heat of showers, hot baths, and avoid hot tubs and saunas for 5 days after treatment.
- Use cool compresses/acetaminophen/ibuprofen, if needed to decrease redness and/or swelling,
- Do not exercise vigorously for 24 hours after treatment. It may cause increased redness, swelling, and/or discomfort on treated areas.
- Discontinue any chemical peel treatments for the duration of your treatment plan.
- Expect some redness and swelling that may last from a few hours to a couple of days. Duration and severity of these side effects vary based on your individualized treatment plan.
- 3-6 treatments may be needed for maximum effect, usually about 4 weeks apart. The number of treatments and time between treatments will vary based on your individualized treatment plan.